Lincoln man looses finger helping his choking dog

LJS article

A man has lost part of his finger after sticking his hand into his choking dog’s throat.

Nebraska Humane Society spokesman Mark Langan says the Lincoln man was visiting his daughter in Omaha on Tuesday when his chocolate lab began to choke on a golf ball it found.

Langan says the man stuck his fingers in the dog’s mouth to try to dislodge the ball. That’s when the dog bit, taking off one of the man’s fingers at a knuckle.

The man drove the dog, which still had the ball lodged in his throat, to a veterinary clinic.

He then went to Methodist Hospital, and was transferred to the Nebraska Medical Center.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *