Oh man this is good. Tastes just like a skor bar cept I did not add any nuts.
Hella simple too.
1/2 cup of salted butter (one stick)
1/2 cup of brown sugar packed. ( I used dark brown)
one tablespoon of water. helps it all mix up.
– on med low melt butter and sugar and stir constantly. The goal is to keep it mixed, separation is gonna ruin it.
– bring heat up to just below medium and keep stirring.
– goal is to get to 290 degrees and it should take 10 + minutes. Stirring constantly. No higher than medium heat. your arm should get tired mixing it.
– candy thermometer is essential.
– once it gets to 290 – 300 mix in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda stir to mix and drop on waxed paper.
Right near the end temp it will get strange, keep mixing it and get that soda in quick and to the waxed paper. Other wise the butter will seperate and you are hosed.
add some milk chocolate iffin you want.