Spent a lot of time cleaning out my sites on my webhost and deleting tons of stuff over weeks while going through support. Turns out is was their fault.
I figured out the slowness issue. Your VPS’s IP
address used to be assigned as a unique IP for one of our customers’
domains. The reverse DNS lookup for the IP still returns that domain
name. This was confusing the MySQL server and severely slowing down the
login process. I added a setting to the MySQL server telling it to
recognize requests from your VPS’s IP properly and things have sped up.
Because my sites were compromised I have to start over with a new theme. I don’t get many visitors these days, so I won’t go too crazy. Thanks for swinging by.